Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about your online dating experience? We've got answers
- Take the compatibility checklist and view your suggested matches.
- Search for matches based on your own specific criteria.
- Create a profile
- Upload pictures
Gold Member:Same as Free membership plus:
- Pass verification badges and agree to provide truthful answers and pictures
- Add video
- Email, instant message and video chat with other subscribers (communicate openly)
- Webcam speed dates with an immediate Yes or No response (you'll never be left wondering)
- Give feedback on interactions to help others grow and stay honest
- Get feedback from dates
- Personalized dating advice based on feedback from dates
When you Cancel or Do not renew your Gold Member subscription. Your account will default to our Basic Member account.
Click here to see what is a Basic Member account.
You agree that you will only use the Services, including the posting of any content through the Services, in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, United States export control laws. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
a. Member Account. You will create only one unique profile for use of the Services. You will not include any telephone numbers, street addresses, URLs, multimedia, artworks downloaded from external sources, email addresses or any other contact information in your profile or in any other publicly viewable User Content or other communications made in connection with your use of the Services. Additionally, you will not include your last name in your dating profile. You understand and agree that anyone may be able to view any information you choose to make publicly available.
b. Exclusive Use. You will only use the Services for your sole, personal use and not in connection with any commercial endeavors. You will not authorize others to use the Services or otherwise attempt to transfer your right to use the Services to any other person or entity.
c. No Commercial Solicitation or Advertising. You will not engage in any advertising or solicitation to buy or sell any products or services through the use of the Services and you will not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam email to other users. Additionally, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
- For first step to set up a Video Date. Login or register on the site.
- Then find that someone you would like to Video Date with. Request them as a Prospect, and once your request has been accepted, both members will automatically appear in each other’s Prospect list. Please remember, you can only have video dates with someone that you are a Prospect with.
- Go to My Datebook and Click on Set up Date.
- From the drop down box select your prospect you’d like to set up a date with.
- Then Click on Date and Time to manually change settings.
- Next Click on Create Date and wait for your request to be answered. It’s that easy.
- Oh; don’t forget, If your date request Expires (No Response or a No Show from you or your date) your scheduled date will disappear from your date book.
- Both users will receive a date reminder one hour prior to your scheduled date.
- Go to My Date Book.
- Select your prospect you would like to have a date with from the drop down Menu.
- Choose In-Person on Date Location field.
- Then click on the field location, you can write for example: Lets meet for coffee at Starbucks, West 3rd St.
- Select the time you’d like to meet and just as a suggestion, how long you think you would like your date to last.
- Now just wait for your Prospect to accept your date. If your date is accepted, Great! Enjoy your date.
- For selecting an instant Video date. Request someone as a Prospect. Once your request has been accepted both members’ will automatically appear in each other’s Prospect list.
- From your prospect list, select who you would like to have an instant video date with. From their profile page click instant date. If they aren’t on line then set up a video date request at a later time.
- Drop down Start box will stay open for 2 minutes. This allows you to time to Start your Date.
- Choose Instant video date with Camera Icon.
- Video camera will start to establish connection. Good Luck!
- For starting your Video date please wait for Date to Start. Video date box will drop down from the top left corner your screen.
- Then Click on the Camera icon to activate your computer camera. The first time you may need to allow your computer to use your camera, click allow.
- Wait for Connection to establish.
- Drop down Start box will stay open for 2 minutes. This allows you to time to Start your Date.
- Click on Start Date Button. Accept request steps to allow and also remember your camera.
- Once you see yourself and your date, click on Play arrow icon and 5 minute timer will begin.
- You both have 5 minutes to decide to continue your date or date will automatically end after 5 minutes.
- If both of you would like to continue your date for an unlimited time, both members must click on thumbs up button before the 5 minute timer ends. If only 1 person clicks on thumbs up date will end.
- To cancel the date, choose thumbs down button to cancel at any time.
- After your date, you are taken to Feedback page, where you have the option to answer questions about how your date went. You can answer as many questions you like or came back later at your convenience. This helps you remember all dates with each Prospect on your list. Please be truthful in your answers, remember your date will have the same questions to answer about you.
- During your Video Date make sure no other camera applications are running on your computer.
Feedback allows you to provide helpful suggestions to members you had a date with, keeps a record of your dates, give feedback after in-person dates. You can also give a Feedback after an Instant video date and Scheduled video date direct from your Review Date Tab from your Homepage.
After each date you will be given a chance to give and receive Feedback about your date. What is Feedback? It is the opportunity to learn and help one another DateBetter online.
- When your Video date ends you will be taken to your Feedback page. Here you will be able to choose the question or questions that best suits how your date went. You can even make Additional notes about how your date was.
- After your In Person date you will be able to give Feedback after the end time you have posted in your date book. Please remember, you need to schedule your date in My Datebook page to be able to give Feedback.
- You and your date will receive a personal Feedback e-mail from DateBetter.com showing the questions and how your date answered each question. A Great way to learn Better about each other.
Did your date show up?
Did your Date resemble their profile?
There are several badges on DateBetter.com: Family Watchdog, I look like my picture, My picture needs updating, and Gold Membership badge’s.
- Family Watchdog badge is given right after you register on DateBetter.com. All members are screened through Family Watchdog sexual offender program to ensure your safety and peace of mind. Learn more...
- or badges: I look like my picture and My picture needs updating. Once Feedback is given after a date, you will be able to receive either one of these badges. So remember the importance of posting a real and current picture. Personally, you don’t want to receive a badge that says, My picture needs updating.
- Your Gold Membership badge, let’s each user know you are a paid member, and that you will be able to use all the features offered.
- Internet connection speed of 64 Kb/sec or above (128 Kb/sec is recommended)
- Web camera, microphone, speakers or headphones - Note that most computers and web cameras come equipped with their own microphones
- Flash Player (version 8.0 or higher)
- Computer settings must correspond to the requirements of the service.
(When upgrading your Flash Player please click on “remember button” to save settings)
We suggest using updated versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari as your browser.
- Your date has the right to not partake in Video Date.
- The Video Date option is available only for Gold members.
- If the person you are having a Video Date with is not who they seem to be or you are just not interested, you can just cancel your date anytime you decide.
- The Video Date feature is to help you meet your potential love interest from the safety of your home with no out of pocket expenses.
- We do ask you to present yourself as you were going out on a date for the first time. How you dress and look are very important, remember this is your first chance to impress your date.
Embed A Profile Video
- Log Into Date Better.
- Click Edit Profile
- Under Member Edit -- Open the drop down options under Media.
- Choose Manage Videos
Please do not submit questions to Date Better regarding any YouTube related issue. Please use the helpful links below.
- YouTube Help: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=4355266
- Uploading a Video to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?hl=en
- Obtaining an embed Code: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en
Please do not submit questions to Date Better regarding any Vimeo related issue. Please use the information below.
- Vimeo Help Center: http://vimeo.com/help
- Vimeo Video Basics: http://vimeo.com/help/basics
- Vimeo Video Uploading Issue: http://vimeo.com/help/uploading
- Embedding a Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/help/faq/sharing-videos/embedding-videos